Whoppers of the Week:
1) Wayne Miller from Ventura caught a 35lb Yellowfin Tuna on a full day trip aboard the Aloha Spirit.
2) Ethan Rutz (age 12) caught a 12lb Yellowfin Tuna on a 1/2 day trip aboard the Erna B.
3) Tarik Sidky from Van Nuys caught a 19lb Yellowtail on a 3/4 day trip aboard the Gentleman.
4) Eric Najolia from Ventura caught a 29lb Yellowfin Tuna on an overnight trip aboard the Mirage.
5) Bob Young from Camarillo caught a 26lb Yellowfin Tuna on a 1/2 day trip aboard the Erna B.
6) Robert Denele from Oxnard caught a 36lb Yellowfin Tuna on a full day trip aboard the Aloha Spirit.
7) Steve Taniguchi from Los Angeles caught 34lb Yellowfin Tuna on a full day trip aboard the Aloha Spirit.
Over the past month or more we have been able to go out on overnight and multi day trips to catch Tuna. This alone is a treat for anglers based in Ventura County but this week got even better. No longer is it required to go on a long trip offshore forTuna as our local boats have found fish close to home!
Starting on Wednesday we had full day and even 3/4 day boats come back with respectable scores of Yellowfin Tuna. Later in the week we even had a few caught on our 1/2 day trip. The tuna are scattered over a large area from the Malibu coast to the first couple islands, Anacapa and Santa Cruz. A very exciting week for our local anglers that have been waiting years for this to happen! Tuna is the hot topic around these parts, but there is other great fishing to be had here this year.
The warm waters of El Nino has spawned one of the best bass bites for Calico’s in more than a decade. Yellowtail and of course Bonito are happening right now as well. A complete top water smorgasbord at Cisco’s this year!
If you need current fishing information, give us a call at 805-382-1612. If you are just looking to book a trip, we have an online booking system. Click here.