1) Keith Ballard from Oxnard caught a 23lb Lingcod on a full day trip aboard the Cobra.
2) Kim Morris from Ventura caught a 15lb Lingcod on an overnight trip aboard the Seabiscuit.
3) Bruce Jochums from Camarillo caught a 16lb Lingcod on a 3/4 day trip aboard the Erna B.
4) Britt Csorba from Oxnard caught a 25lb Sheephead on a full day trip aboard the Aloha Spirit.
5) Jan McCarthy from Ventura caught a 12lb Sheephead on a full day trip aboard the Island Tak.
This weeks report will be short and sweet mainly because we didn’t get to go fishing that much. The weather, or should I say wind, shut us down more than half the week. On the days we did go fishing it was very good!
The bottom fish are dominating our fish counts as the water cooled off and the game fish have seemed to leave the area. Still seeing the occasional Bonito or Yellowtail but most of our boats have moved on to winter style fishing.
Hard fighters and great eating, we are catching huge numbers of Whitefish this year. Of course we are getting our Rockfish and Lingcod but it’s the Whitefish stealing the show. If you’re looking to fill your freezer with good eating fish, it’s your time to shine.
If you’re still looking to catch big game your window is closing and you need to go on a trip specifically targeting these fish. Fortunately, there are still fish offshore like Bluefin Tuna, but you need to sign up on at least a 1.5 day or 2 day trip. We have put a hand full of these offshore multi-day trips on our schedule targeting Tuna and Yellowtail. Space is limited though so be sure to sign up early. Not only will they sell out but these fish will not hang around for ever.
For more information or live bait information, call us at 805-382-1612. If you would like to just book your spot, visit our online schedule and booking page. https://ciscos.fishingreservations.net/sales/
Let’s Go Fishing!!!!